Overseas Education has always been looked up as a costly affair. Australia has emerged with a solution to this problem by providing a high standard of quality education at affordable rates. Australia provides excellent living conditions and a tolerant multicultural society. The Australian Higher Education Institutions rank amongst the world's best and the quality of the education that they offer is equally high.
The Higher Education in Australia provides value for money by offering shorter and more intensive courses. The Australian Education is more practical and responsive to the needs of the present day market because it incorporates the latest innovations in all fields whether it be science or marketing or management.
Australia seems to be high on the list for foreign education for many reasons:
- Indians with 12 + 3 are acceptable for the Masters degree.
- Masters course is available for the duration of 1, 1.5 and 2 years.
- Australian Education is accepted throughout the globe.
- Visa processing is quite simple, less tedious and streamlined.
- As of now over 6,00,000 students of Indian Origin are studying there.
- High Standard of education in international terms, good research facilities available with state of the art equipment.
- Australian universities are members of an International Academic community and academic staff is frequently recruited on an international basis.
- Australian academics and graduates are keenly recruited into institutions overseas, indicating a measure of Quality Education.
- ESOS Act is put into effect to protect the interest of overseas students.
- Safe country with pleasant climate and a stable democracy.
Pyramid Overseas Education Consultant is a member of The Association of Australian Education Representatives in India (AAERI). The Association is supported by Australian High Commission, New Delhi and its members. AAERI aims to maintain high level of ethics in the profession of counselling and students recruitment for Australia.
In Australia every course offered in a university has CRICOS Code which is given by Australian Government reflecting that the education system is fully controlled by the Government in Australia. There is no formal ranking of universities. Thus students from all around the world have long made Australia their education destination.
The Indian and Australian education systems are very similar in structure, i.e 10+2+3 years or 10+12+4 years
The Education system in Australia provides integrated primary, secondary and tertiary education.
School education (Primary and Secondary) : Schools in Australia have a similar education system with a different approach used by states and territories. Formal School education (primary and secondary) is between the ages of six and sixteen (Year 1 to Year 9 or 10). School education lasts for 13 years and has 3 levels:
Primary school – Continues for seven or eight years, starting from preschool/kindergarten up to grade 6 or 7.
Secondary school – Continues for three or four years, from Grade 7 to 10 or 8 to 10.
Senior secondary school – Continues for two years, Grade 11 and 12.
Tertiary education : The Tertiary education contains both higher education (including universities) and vocational education and training (VET).
The VET & TAFE'S:
Vocational education and training (VET) gives students practical skills for their careers. The VET sector is divided into two sections: a nationally recognized government system of Technical and Further Education (TAFE); and private providers. TAFE is the largest provider of tertiary education courses in Australia.
The awards in VET sector are: certificates, advanced certificates, associate diplomas, diplomas. Studying at TAFE level is also a way of gaining entry - termed a pathway - to Australia's universities.
Most TAFE institutes have arrangements with specific universities, enabling students to gain credit for a portion of their study undertaken at TAFE. The VET courses include computing, design, pilot training, business management, hospitality and tourism and many other courses.
Language of Teaching and Instruction : English being the official and main language of Australia, the medium of instruction in the education system is also the same. However, various schools also offer bilingual programs or programs in other languages.
Australian Qualifications Framework : The Australian education system is different from many other countries which is supported by the Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF). .Established in 1995, the AQF is a national policy that deals with qualifications from the tertiary education sector (higher education and vocational education and training) along with the school-leaving certificate and the Senior Secondary Certificate of Education.
It has 10 levels which connect school, vocational and university education qualifications into one national system. The system allows moving easily from one level of study to the next and from one institution to another if a student satisfies the visa requirements. The AQF not only trains a student for education but also provides vocational guidance.
An AQF qualification ensures the standardization of the degree is from an institution which is Government-authorised and nationally accredited and will be authentic.
Australian Institutes are spread across the country and the world making it easy for the student to choose within the education system, between courses or institutions. The formal agreement and recognition frameworks support the student for the future career path.
- Resume/ CV
- Statement of Purpose
- Marksheets and Passing Certificates from 10th onwards to till date
- Two reference letters from colleges / employers (if applicable)
- Passport copy
- Work Experience Letter (if applicable)
- IELTS/ TOEFL/ PTE score sheet (can apply for conditional admission)
Any other additional document which can support the application, Please visit our counsellor for further information on documents required for your application to Australia
Documents For VISA
- Visa forms
- Passport copy
- COE – Confirmation of Enrolment
- Offer letter from the University
- IELTS/ TOEFL/ PTE
- Academic documents
- Financial documents and income documents to support your study in Australia
Please visit our counsellor/ visa consultant for further information on documents required for your student visa application to Australia
The introduction of a simplified student visa framework (SSVF) by Australia on July 1st 2016 allows visa applications by international students and education agents to process online by creating an account on ImmiAccount(opens in a new window).
Student visa (Subclass 500)
All of the following types of study are included on this visa. For more information about student visas, visit Department of Home Affairs(opens in a new window):
- independent ELICOS (English Language Intensive Courses for Overseas Students)
- schools (primary and secondary)
- secondary school exchange program
- vocational education and training (VET)
- higher education
- postgraduate research
- non-award courses
- international students sponsored by the Department of Foreign Affairs or Defence.
Other visa options
For shorter periods of study, you can apply for a Visitor or Working Holiday Visa. There is also a visa option specifically for student guardians.
Visitor Visa (Subclasses 600, 601, 651)
- Maximum 3 months study.
- Intention to visit Australia is genuine.
- Meet health and character requirements.
- Sufficient money to support yourself during stay in Australia.
- Read more about Visitor Visas(opens in a new window) on the Department of Home Affiars website.
How much will this visa cost?
You must pay a non-refundable visa application fees of AUD 575 when you lodge your visa application.
What does the visa let me do?
With this visa:
- You can study in Australia
- Eligible dependent family members can accompany you to Australia
- You can work up to 40 hours per fortnight while your course is in session and unlimited hours during scheduled course breaks
- Your family members can work up to 40 hours per fortnight provided you have commenced your course of study in Australia. If you are doing a postgraduate course, such as a Masters by coursework degree, your family members can work unlimited hours once you commence this course.
- Your partner can study in Australia for up to three months.
Note: If your partner wants to study for more than three months they must apply for their own student visa. The application can be made in Australia.
The course fees of the University/ institution would normally cost in the range of AUD 22,000 per annum to AUD 46,000 per annum depending on the level of your program and university.
Example of fund calculation required for visa application under Subclass 500:
|AUD 50,290.00 X INR 52 = INR 26,15,080
|For students with dependents:
|Child 1 Living
|Child 1 airfare
|Child 1 schooling
|AUD 8,000.00 (if the child is has completed 5 years of age)
|Child 2 Living
|Child 2 airfare
|Child 2 schooling
|AUD 8,000.00 (if the child is has completed 5 years of age)
For more information on immigration to Australia please refer to the website: https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/
Post Work Scheme
This visa is for international students who have recently graduated from an Australian Institution. This visa allows you to live, work and study in Australia for 2 to 4 years depending on the level of qualification completed.
For more information please refer to the website link: https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/getting-a-visa/visa-listing/temporary-graduate-485/post-study-work
Get in touch for more information
78880 22202, (0712) 6608173